2013-08-22

Midnight Gypsy Alchemy perfume oils review

It's not a first time that I'm buying perfume oils from Midnight Gypsy Alchemy. I love the scent and package and the seller is a really nice one to deal with. I was looking for a cherry and chocolate perfume for quite a time now and was really glad to hear that MGA has such scent as a St.Valentine scent which is sold only on February. Here's the description of it :) 

LOVE ALCHEMY-A hypnotic potion of natural cherry and almond extract, cocoa absolute, essentials oils in sweet patchouli, lavender and chamomile blended with hand ground cardamom, chai tea, patchouli leaves and infused with real cherries.

 Luckily the owner offered to make it for me and I ordered a big butte plus dusting powder of this scent. I was told it should be ready to ship on August 1, but the date passed and I got no messages so I contacted seller on August 9 to ask how it's going on. She was making it special for me so I was OK with delay. I got an answer that it's ready to ship. So I was waiting happily for the message to appear in my email, that "your package has been shipped". But it didn't. I checked my Etsy account and saw that it's marked as shipped. The seller just did't send me notification but that was really not so important. But something inside still got annoyed. Just a little bit. All others purchase from MGA wear perfect. I buy, wait for a it to be shipped ( and it's always shipped on the term), get the package, open it and enjoy the heaven of scents :) This time there was some kind of interference. The Midnight Gypsy Alchemy perfume oils works as antidepressants for me. The bottle, the scent, the consistency of the  oils. It's like magic potions to me. And I use them as ones :D I love them. So I chased my unhappy thought away and happily waited for it to arrive. And it did.

Nice and dark package as always :)


 Inside was a box with a oil bottle in it and dusting powder which is quite big :)


 I newer used one. The consistence is like flour and it's doesn't get out so easy. I must first spread some on my palm and then rub it on my skin. The scent is nice thought. A little bit lighter then actual perfume but I really like it. And after reading more about it I think I'll be using it a lot. But I would rather like it to be in a flat container with a small dusting puff for a more easy use :) 


The bottle... So here's where the disappointment started. I noticed that the bottle wasn't full and it all was all slippery and covered in oil itself.

It must have leaked. It was a smelly mess. When I tried to opened it more stuff came out from the cap and there was oil on my hands and on the bottle. So I tried to rub it on my skin. The smell was fantastic and I didn't want to lose a drop. And I was already loosing it!!!

 Also I saw something that looked like not fused oils. "Season of the witch" had something like that but not in such big amount. But well, I just shacked it well and it was gone. But the cap got full of the oil somehow and it spilled on my hand again when I tried to open and smell it :( And it does that every time. So I lose quite a big amount of oil every time I try to open it. I'll have to find some other bottle to keep it or it will be empty in two week :( And I love this sugary Cherry spicy cacao smell. But it doesn't like me I guess. I wont' be opening it till I fount another container for it. I'm already all covered in it as well as things around me since I rubbed it on other things for not to waist the smell. The jewelry box, scarf, clothes.. :D 

I noticed that  consistence was strange. It was more watery then oily. And not as clear as my other perfume oils from MGA. Here's all three bottles.

 Season of the witch is the oldest. I use it quite lot ( for two months already) and there is more of it in a bottle then in the freshly arrived one.

 Here's the backs of it.

I hope it was some kind of one time misfortune and the consistence of "Love Alchemy" is the same as those two. And that this liquid was a karma thing :D I'm not gonna stop buying. I'll order again and even order "Love Alchemy" but maybe when it will be sold during it's season :) ( the smell is soooooooo good!!! <3). And I heard new Fall scents are gonna be out soon and I'm sure I'm gonna love it.
 I hope this won't repeat to me. I guess it's the bottles fault or the consistence of this oil. It just fills the cap and stays there. And that means it must stand all the time and cannot be carried in a purse. Maybe the bottle was defective after all. At least I smell like a most tasty spicy cherry dark chocolate pie. I'll keep the oily box in an organza bag and hang it in my wardrobe.

About the scent itself:

The first thing that hits to me is sugary almonds with a fresh cherry. That almonds in caramel coating scent with fruity note is wonderful. The sweetness itself is restrained with spices like cardamon and more tough patchouli and soften with chamomile and lavender  Later cacao absolute breaks its way out and stays with you till the end with sparkles of chai tea.

So when the season of Love comes I do recommend to check it out. This is a love scent for a darker souls ;)
And my favorite for now.

What is your favorite scent to wear ? ;)



Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment