2013-09-22

Home decor: Bats! Bats everywhere!!!

So as I continue to decorate my home in Halloween theme I decided it's time for bats. I bought a thin cardboard that is strong enough to keep them firm but is not to strong to allow me cut out five of them at once. I cut the body and wings separately and glued them together. That way they got a nice springing and it was easy to make  bunch of them. It took me less then 20 minutes. They look nice on any object but for now they are landed on my doors.

Here's my pattern if you want to use it ;)



Check out the detailed tutorial on Cut out and Keep if you are interested ;) 




14 comments:

  1. Ahh too adorable! I'm going to have to make a few.. Maybe for a mobile with different sizes over my desk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to put some more bats up in my house! Why didn't you include your draft bat into the tutorial? I don't think I can draw bats half a s nicely as you do it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not to late for that. I thought about it but some how decided not to. But I still have it.

      Delete
  3. Really great idea! Love those. I definitely gonna make ones myself :) Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking a detailed tutorial. The key word is detailed. I like how it's not just an obscure or generic design. I'm definitely going to use this for Christmas ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I'll post the pattern soon to. If people would like to use mine. Just need to wait for day off. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh they look great! I use to just cut out the shape, fold and use sticky putty. These looks a little more worked on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sticky putty! That's how it's called. I use it to. since it's easy to take them of. I used to do the same with bats, but this year I decided it's time for more detailed ones. I love how their wings looks. The main reason I made those it's that their are more easy to produce in bigger size since you cut details separate and glue them.

      Delete