2011-10-31

Hair band "Bats glide on the Halloween coffin"

So, I came to this idea while being at work. And as soon as I came home I did all I could to make it real. And here it is. A fun and cute hair band special for Halloween.

 It took me a bout a half of a hour to make it. I used cardboard, hot glue, black silky fabric, some wire and black acrylic paint.

 I cut out bats from cardboard and attached them to wire with hot glue, then painted them with black acrylic paint.


I got the idea how to make the coffin from a tutorial "How to make a coffin purse".  I made it how she made the top of the purse. Then I attached it to a hair band with some leather strap and hot glue.
I'm really happy with it. Now I don't have to go to Cemetery to see bat gliding. But I still will going there  tomorrow. Just to see a million of burning candles placed and the resting places of all those gone souls. The scenery is always amazing.


Have a fun Halloween ;)

4 comments:

  1. That is amazing! So cute!

    Happy Halloween to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks all of you. I have an idea to make it more subtle for every day use. Maybe by adding a veil, ore making the coffin smaller.

    ReplyDelete