2013-02-18

Hand made wig for bjd

So I made another wig for my BJD Haru using synthetic hair. I like them much more then mohair. For me it is more easy to glue and to stile them then mohair or fake fur. 
I used hair from one of the wigs I have. They are dark brown heat resisting fiber so I want to try to make a long wig and to curl it later :3 I think I'll keep this idea for my deer girl. She would look lovely in soft curls. For no take a look at my latest work. By the way, the outfit is made bu me too as well as his neck piece.

 It's kin of J- rock, Visual kei style wig. It's shorter on sides and has a long piece in the pack witch can be braided. I left  longer pieces by the ears and on the  front.


The color is really nice. I've already have a long black wig so the choice of brown was just natural.
I use quite simple method to make wigs for my doll.  it takes all day since it's quite a delicate work. I make a wig cap from wt sheets and PVA glue. I learned it from this tutorial. And you can see the way the hair is glued on this one. I found it on Bliznyashka blog, though she says it's not her tutorial, but something that was posted on a forum. The author is unknown. She has a really nice blog. But it's all in Russian. Though you can still watch photos :) or try to translate it using Google. It's possible to read it that way too.

Next time I'll take a few photos while making a new wig. It's just that I'm usually so into it I forget everything else. It's just like a ritual: take a piece of hair, style, cut,  glue... It took about 6 hours to make this one with few smoking and coffee brakes.

Other wigs I made:

 I'm really proud of this one. It was made from a soft wig I found. The hair is soft and very natural. It contains of multiple shades of blond. I was my first attempt on making wigs. And I'm glad I did it well.

 This one is mohair wig. It was really hard to style it since mohair is a little bit tricky with it's length. It sheds a lot after the gluing is done so you actually have to brush out all the little hair that was not glued to the cap. And the length gets shorter. It scatters to all sides you don't want it to :D Well, it's not for me. 

This is fake fur wig. There is no gluing just sewing. But that leaves not much room for stilling  and it looks to flyffy for me. Thought is's perfect for EMO style hair :D It was the first wig I made for him.

This is the same fur wig. It was altered later and blond falls were added just by sewing them into the wig. I don't use it anymore. It's the wig of Haru "young days" :D

Well, that's all. Having BJD and creating things for it's character are one of my most favorite things. I love all kinds of creativity :) Thank's for reading.

7 comments:

  1. YOur dolls are amazing I know you make lots of their clothes and asseccories and they are so lovely and detailed. I have promoted your blog and etsy store on my blog. I hope that you'll get lots of customers now. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I really love the wigs you've made and am just starting to look for a way to make my own. I was wondering if you could help me a bit, since I am not sure of how much hair I should buy to make an SD BJD wig. Also I'm wondering if it would be easier to start with a synthetic or natural fiber D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to be a lot of assured and fashionable while not changing your original hairstyle, here our hair wigs hair wigs can help you to realize your dreams. Just strive another suitable hairstyle to relinquish you a probability to to attractiveness individuals’ eyes and show yourself when you attend parties or have a vacation. May be you may be so horny, sweet, elegant or cool once you wear your favorite wig that beyond your imagination. So simply do it, you may get the solution; We have a tendency to hope you may like your new hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want to be a lot of assured and fashionable while not changing your original hairstyle, here our hair wigs hair wigs can help you to realize your dreams. Just strive another suitable hairstyle to relinquish you a probability to to attractiveness individuals’ eyes and show yourself when you attend parties or have a vacation. May be you may be so horny, sweet, elegant or cool once you wear your favorite wig that beyond your imagination. So simply do it, you may get the solution; We have a tendency to hope you may like your new hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wigs are one of the great ways for new hair style and you shared very nice thing about hair wigs. Thanks for sharing this useful information with us.
    Please Visit

    ReplyDelete