2012-10-12

The replicas of dark world fashion...

While searching on Ebay for some Halloween items, I came upon something, that looked like Alchemy Gothic  but the price was so low it was obvious it was replicas. Some of them were looking almost the same and it would be hard to tel if it's a replica. I know that every Alchemy Gothic jewelry has a graving that shows that it's an authentic item. But that is something only the wearer knows. So how about you? Would you by these 10 dollars replicas? I should say that some of them looked really attractive in both price and look.

The real thing.

Replica
Well, you can see that the ornament on this replica is not so delicate.

Real thing

Replica
It's hard to see the difference...




Real thing

Replica.
The replica of this item looks even better...


Real thing

Replica
Again. The detail of replica somehow are not so detailed :D




Real thing

And a replica even your trendy cousin would wear :)

More earrings???


The real thing


Replica
Cute skulls. Even too cute...like bunnies.


Guess which one of these crosses of passion is the real one??

Well??
______
____0____
__oOOo__
__00__
__0__
____

It's the second photo. As I understand, the real item should have 3 little red crystals and a red crystal heart. The replicas usually have just the red heart and the other 3 crystals are black ore any other color. And the original have more particular details. And the price. The replica cost about 5,99 dollars. Hard to resist...
Well usually you can find replicas of more simple pieces that are not so hard to copy and to make make. The more complicated and delicate jewelry is hard to reproduce. 

Only thing I found was this piece.



And it's replica. 
It seems like some one just took a mold and recasted the whole thing. The original one has spring driven wing design that moves and I don't think this ones do that.

So, what do you think about it? Would you buy one or not?
;)
P.S. Photos of Alchemy Gothic are taken from the sites that sells Alchemy Gothic jewelry.

9 comments:

  1. I personally feel Alchemy Gothic is ridiculously expensive >.< Even when I found a girl selling her jewelry second hand she wanted fifty bucks a piece. I can't justify spending fifty dollars on a necklace when I can be putting that money towards a Hell Bunny dress, or something of the like.

    I don't mind knock off jewelry, my only issue is that most of it is made in China, and is really cheaply made. I make a note of it not to buy items with rhinestones in them, I know they inevitably fall out. I think that's the major problem is just quality difference (which can't be said for everything - I've heard of mint designer Hello Kitty brand jewelry falling apart the first wear). If you can handle your skin turning green, the silver coating flaking off, or the piece breaking then definitely buy knock off. It's easier to replace a five dollar necklace than a fifty dollar one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely buy those! And I agree with Little Miss Phantasm, Alchemy Gothic is ridiculously expensive. I've got all my AG jewels second hand, not so expensive. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine second handed too. And the price was ok. But some how i still like the feeling of having the "real" thing :)

      Delete
  3. Alchemy Gothic is painfully expensive. But I would not buy these replicas. I don't like to support people/companies who blatantly steal others' designs. "Inspired by" is one thing; "obvious attempt at copying" is another. I know my few dollars mean nothing to the company, but it matters to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss, many replicas like these are possible to buy in Poland and I will definately buy myself some, especially the earring with red crystals shown above (it is called Passion, or am I wrong?...) and a matching necklace. Alchemy Gothic is really expensive and the quality not always reflects this price...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...It's hard to admit, but I would probably get those earrings too. I havent seen a good replica of them jet.

      Delete
  5. I believe in capitalism. That means- if you have something of comparable quality at a cheaper price, then hell yes I will buy it.

    Also I am a renowned cheapskate. You should see me go grocery shopping. It pains my boyfriend when I insist we buy the store's brand of pasta or orange juice because it's just pennies cheaper. I like to see it as- "A Penny saved is a Penny earned." But such cheapness is why I am nearly out of debt from my college student loans after only three years of being out of school, while my fellow classmates have at least another eight years to pay off their extensive loans.

    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd buy both— the replicas because 1) I am poor and 2) I like them. Later, when I have the means to, I would buy the real thing. I work like that.

    ReplyDelete